At Backstage Dance Academy, we're passionate about encouraging your child to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Drinking water is important in a child's everyday diet, but more importantly during exercise.
Here's some reasons why we ask all students to bring a water bottle to their classes:
1. To enable teachers to further encourage students to consume the recommended daily intake of water in their diet. Some students love water, but for those who don't it's great to have their dance teacher encouraging them. Many students look up to their dance teacher as a role model and we are more than happy to lead the way.
2. To prevent injury and encourage healing. Water aids blood circulation encouraging injury to heal quicker. Studies show that increased water intake relates to less chance of injury occurring.
3. To avoid dehydration. Students are exercising during their classes so it's important to keep the body hydrated, just like you would during a sport activity.
4. To assist with digestion of food. Water helps the body break down and digest food. Our students are often eating just before class so it's important to drink water during class to assist with the digesting of this food.
5. To increase energy. If you’re hydrated, your blood is thinner and your body can easily circulate it. The brain then becomes more active and your body feels more energetic.
6. To increase concentration. If you’re hydrated, your blood is thinner, and your body can easily circulate it. The brain then becomes more active allowing it be easier to concentrate.
7. Water helps to control body temperature, especially helpful on hot days or during a high energy class.