First time attending a dance concert?
Or maybe it's your first time attending a Backstage Dance Academy Annual Showcase?
Read on to find out what it will be like on the day,
1. It's best to arrive early, to ensure that you can find a car park and still meet the arrival time. The Frankston Arts Centre has a car park (Entry via Young St) but if it's full you will need to locate parking on the street or in another car park. The Frankston Arts Centre car park requires you to purchase a parking ticket.
2. If you're attending the show as a audience member, you will need to head to the foyer. You can grab a drink, catch up with friends until it's time to enter the auditorium.
Alternatively, if you're bringing a performer to the show, you will need to head to the 'Stage Door' located on Davey St. The 'Stage door' is a special entrance dedicated to performers of the show. The Stage Door entrance is restricted to performers and ONE parent/guardian only due to OHS regulations. We kindly ask that this parent or guardian is a female due to the large amount of females changing in the dressing room area. If the student requires a Male parent/guardian on the day, please let us know in advance so that we can ensure that there is a suitable change space for you.
3. Once the performer has entered the stage door, they should find their allocated dressing room. We have plenty of staff and helpers to assist you in finding your dressing room and a list will also be emailed out prior to the show.
4. Parents will get their child dressed into their first costume (refer to the programme to see a list of routines in order). Parents will then leave their child with the dressing room helpers and head to the foyer.
5. When it's time to enter the auditorium, the ushers will open the doors. Seating is allocated so there is no rush to line up. Please have your tickets ready to display to the usher.
6. Take your seat and get ready for the show to start. Don't forget to turn off mobile phones, iPads, and any other electronic devices.
7. When the show begins, the lights in the auditorium will dim. These lights will remain dimmed until the interval so be prepared to remain seated for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The show will start and you'll enjoy watching a range of performances!
8. There will be 2 intervals, both 15 minutes long. This is an opportunity for you to stretch your legs, take a bathroom break, grab a drink etc. Food queues can be long and slow so it's best to pack your own snack or eat before/after the show.
At the first interval, parents of the pre-schoolers students are required to collect their child from the foyer. This is one parent per student. Parents may then wish to watch the rest of the show together, or go home early.
At the intervals, parents are unable to access the back stage area to see their child. For the safety of the children, the back stage dressing room area is in a 'lock down' during the show.
9. When the show is about to finish there will be a Finale which is a final bow for the students, and also a quick presentation of awards.
10. At the conclusion of the show, one parent/guardian will be required to collect their child from the dressing room again.